The news sure does hype up information! Right now The Sequester is the huge story. Frankly, even though it affects my family directly, I'm all about the government having to cut some of their budget. Seriously. We all have had to in the past years, haven't we folks?! It never ceases to amaze me how much the government, and the Washington press corps, is out of touch with the rest of the country. Here's a couple things that our leaders and the press can't seem to grasp:
1- You can't call something a cut in the budget if it still increases for cost of living. That's like me saying, "Instead of buying a Mercedes, I'm buying a Cadillac!" I'm still getting a luxury car either way and you are still increasing your spending every year!
2. Most of us work hard for a living and we DO NOT get a raise every year. In fact, many of my customers have taken pay cuts in the last 4 years. Some have even lost their jobs.
3. You are paid to do a job. None of you are doing it. I do see the House has offered a budget for the last 4 years. Maybe that is because their jobs are on the line every 2 years.
4. Stop blabbing and making more laws. Start enforcing the ones on the books. Seriously, the gun issue is just one topic in a long line of laws that you already have on the books and don't enforce!
5. Members of the press, start doing your jobs and stop propping up the people you agree with. I grew up admiring the press because I thought they weren't afraid to tell the truth. Those days of admiration are far gone for me. Oh, and stop hiring former politicians and talking heads to do shows. Aren't there some people from journalism schools that need jobs?
6. Media- Go back to your roots! Who, what, why, when, and where. That's it. We don't need your editorial input. Find some people who love to investigate and tell a story.
7.- Get out of DC and the cities once in a while and meet the rest of America! Meet us all, rich and poor, from all areas of ethnicity. We have a lot going on in our lives and it doesn't center around you guys. People like Mike Rowe because he's willing to get out and work their "Dirty Jobs". People don't like you for the most part because you're full of hot air and most of you have no idea what it is to get your hands dirty and sweat!