Friday, February 1, 2013

What Can Freeze Dried Do For You?

Well, I finally started my journey selling Shelf Reliance products.  I had to write "my story" for my new Shelf Reliance store page.  I thought I'd share that with you all here.  If you are interested in buying some products please check our page here Woods Sporting Shelf Reliance Page

My story is a simple one.  I am an everyday person.  I'm not a "prepper".  I'm not a health food fan.  I'm not all the things I hear about typical people who store freeze dried foods and have emergency supplies.  I was first introduced to Shelf Reliance by a friend.  Later some members of my family bought these great 5 gallon containers with sealed lids.  I thought "That's a great idea."  So I ordered some to buy bulk sugar and flour.
We have had a small emergency supply for years.  Nothing big- some MRE's.  We have always kept a supply of water as well.  A few things happened to change my mind on these matters:
1- I started seeing canned foods with food from countries that do not have high standards of cleanliness or safety.  I don't want my family eating junk.
2- The dive in the economy has me concerned.  Food prices are not going to go down.  Matter of fact, it seems they are going up daily at times.
3- We had a major windstorm come through our area.  Electricity was out for some people for over a week.  We were fortunate, but this brought to mind the fact that all the meat and veggies I had stored in the freezer would be gone.
4- We are crazy busy as a family and I think we waste too much food on last minute purchases or going out to dinner.

So, as a family we have started the Q.  My hopes are that this will be, not only a storage option for us, but also a healthy option.  The Thrive foods aren't only good for you, they taste good too! I believe I can put together meals with the Thrive foods and save money.  I also own a small sporting goods store and plan on carrying some of the Thrive items, as well as, emergency supplies in the store.  There are some great items for campers that are carried by Shelf Reliance also!

If you are interested in Thrive foods or the emergency supplies, please feel free to contact me.  If you have any questions about how Thrive can work for you as a food option, I would love to answer them.  There is a tab on the top of this page that says contact.  Just click that to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment