Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Maybe we don't walk around saying angrily "What do I have to be thankful for?"  Maybe some of you do. I know I don't, but I know I can also be ungrateful for the many blessings I have.

I just recently read a devotional that challenged me to be thankful for everything, including the things I think are small.  It said, that I shouldn't think of anything as being small.  I have been blessed to have everything I have small and large.  Wow.  I had to re-assess my point of view.

So, here's what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving:
  1. I'm thankful that I have been blessed to live in America.  No offense to any readers from other countries, but I believe America is the greatest country in the world to live in.  We have so many freedoms and the ability to succeed above our wildest imagination if we just work hard.
  2. I'm thankful that my grandparents had a great influence on my life as a child and still today I find myself learning from them.  I am thankful that they have lived long enough to also impart some of their wisdom to my children.
  3. I'm thankful for my husband and kids.  I can't imagine life without them.  They make me smile and help me grow.
  4. I'm thankful for my parents and my siblings.  I have been blessed to come from a large family.  My parents were more than patient with us growing up!  My siblings make life so much better.  They are all so unique and we all love to laugh together.
  5. Finally, I am thankful for all my friends.  They are such a blessing to me and my family.  They are encouraging, thoughtful, talented... the list could go forever.
When I look at this list, I realize, I can't imagine life without any of these things existing.  There is a lot more I could list, but this is a start.  What are you thankful for this year?

Photo courtesy of http://hhdwallpapes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment