Saturday, June 9, 2012

Early Summer Hodgepodge

Hmm, usually I have a specific subject to post on but today I just have a hodgepodge of ideas.  So much going on right now.  We just ended soccer season.  Broadway girls softball is playing for the state championship today.  Gardening is going full swing.  School's out.... It's summer.

If your life is like mine, you are trying to figure out where the first 6 months of the year went.  I mean seriously, life is flying by.  My kids are already planning the complete summer schedule.Just thinking about it makes me tired.  I've been so busy, I haven't even had time to fish!  I know...  It's awful!  The thing is, keeping with my goals for the year, I am going to take some time to go fishing, to spend with the kids at the pool, to have cookouts with friends.

Another big thing going on here is the Broadway High School Girls Varsity Softball team.  They are in the state championship game today.  Funny, they have actually gone further than the boys football team, but you wouldn't know it.  No banners, no parades...  Well, I say Go Lady Gobblers!  You've already made us proud, now bring back a state championship!  If you want to see some great pics of the team, check out https://www.facebook.com/pages/SweetAmys-Photography/195648303786588 

Oh, just an aside from the softball championship.  Broadway's graduation is also today.  The principal at Broadway, Dr Lehman, said he would make sure diplomas were at the field for the graduates on the team and any graduates going to the game to support the team.  Dr Lehman is a class act and this is his last year at Broadway.  He is being transferred to Spotswood High School by the county.  Many are upset about this.  I just want to say, I have never heard anyone say an unkind word about Dr Lehman.  I have been told he is a good man of solid character.  Broadway's loss is truly Spotswood's gain.  God bless you, Dr Lehman!  May you have much success, but know you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment