Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Meet George Jetson!

So how many have the theme to the Jetsons going through their brain right now?  I LOVED the Jetsons growing up!  Ok, the Flintstones, too... 

I just knew when I got to this age, I would be using a rocket pack to get around!  I'd have a little Jetson's rocket car to "drive" around in.  We'd be living the life.  I actually started getting disappointed once, because we weren't even close to that lifestyle.  Actually, we are pretty close!  Unfortunately, we don't have the car.  We have instant contact to people, the internet, you name it-  in our pocket, purse, etc...  If you have some brands of cell phones, they can actually show your live picture to whoever you are speaking with.  You can use a computer to do just about anything.  Some of those things are getting us into trouble.  Some are a great help. 

There is a problem though, we all say, we don't have enough time.  Why?  Could it be that technology is taking up our time?  Could technology for all the help it is, also be a distraction from the really important things?  Do we have too much communication?  Do we get in to more things than we can handle because technology can help us out?  I mean, it's not like we have to go to the river to wash our clothes!  These are all questions I am asking myself lately.  I'm not sure if I know they answers.  Some of the answers I am coming to, make me uncomfortable.

So what do you think?  What is technology doing to your life?  Is it improving it or making it complicated?  Is there a better way to use it?  How is it impacting our kids?  Please, let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment