Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sometimes your wrong. Sometimes your right.

I had a customer come in yesterday to pick up 2 lures he had ordered.  When I showed him the products, Rapala Original Floating Minnows in the Hot Steel color
 
(I know your saying, "Really?  Did we need that info?")  He swore I ordered the wrong product for him.  I knew that this guy has undergone a lot of surgery and some radiation and just chalked it up to illness.  The thing is, I knew that I had ordered the right product.  Believe me, I have ordered the wrong thing before.  Not a good feeling because you do not want to send it back to be restocked.  Fees, shipping, etc.  I usually just keep it in the store to sell later.  Anyway, I showed him where I wrote the request down.  I tried to remind him that he had already purchased the product he thought he wanted, but ultimately I left it with, "I'm so sure I ordered the right one, I bet you a free lure that I did.  Go home and check.  If I'm wrong, I'll give you a free lure."  We both laughed and he left amicably.  He called today.  He had went home and the very lure was on his fishing rod!  His friend even told him he had ordered it.  He apologized to me for giving me a hard time yesterday.  Which takes me back to the first post I made.  Yeah, I do have occasional customers who give me a hard time, but in general, my customers are like this guy.  I'm very thankful for each and every one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment