Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring is Here!

Wow, things are really popping in life right now!  Spring is a wonderful time of the year, but it seems like we hold in everything through winter to get it done in spring!  This year spring has come early and so has the normal business of spring. 

I'm sorry I haven't posted lately.  I have been continuing to work on getting uniforms for the Thailand school.  Also, I have people ordering uniforms for softball.  Soccer has started here and folks are looking for socks and shin guards.  People are just ready to get out in the fresh air and that is great.  For the most part, it's free and it's healthy- unless you have allergies!

Fishing is going crazy.  Usually, the fish are not as active as they are this time of year, but the warm weather has actually made them react like it's almost summer.  Many have spawned, which means little minnows will be out and about in the rivers.  People are telling me they are catching crappies, perch, and bluegill in the lakes.  Virginia has stocked many trout in our area.  They recently stocked a bunch of brown trout in a local river.  Now browns are a little more finicky and people are complaining they are not so easy to catch.  Well, it is fishing we're talking about!  They shouldn't just jump in your lap!

By the way, speaking of minnows, I am in the process of getting my license to sell them at the store.  There is a lot more to it than I thought.  Don't even get me started in the government being involved in every little detail of life.  Anyway, hopefully this summer we will start selling minnows as live bait for all those fishermen/women who have asked.  I'm excited to try this, so we'll see how it works!

Oh, one last thing!  Baseball is here.  In our area we have many opportunities to watch baseball.  JMU has a fine team.  We also have the local high schools.  In June we have a couple opportunities as well.  We have the RCBL, in which Broadway fields a team.  Check out their website here: Rockingham County Baseball League   Each year, we advertise with the Bruins.  We have even co-sponsored a game. We also have what is called The Valley League.  This is all wooden bats and college age kids playing.  Just an aside, I can't believe I am old enough where I call college age men and women, kids!  Anyway, we will be selling tickets for one of their teams this year- The New Market Rebels.  I am excited about this opportunity and I hope it gets folks out with their families to see a game or two.  If you want to know more about the Valley League and the Rebels check this out: Valley League Baseball




No comments:

Post a Comment